Weekly COVID Testing 2 - Message From HFH
As per our previous communications we have rolled out weekly C-19 tests for all our staff.
Many of you will have already received your regular PPE and the addition of weekly testing kits this week, if not, rest assured they are on their way to you this week. Some of your Carers have received their weekly tests directly in their homes, other have been sent to you with the PPE for collection by your carer.
Clients who have requested to participate in weekly testing will also have received their own four kits (in grey packs) . Each grey pack is a weekly test for one person. The four kits will last for a month.
Please find attached flyer on how to conduct weekly testing in your homes. It is recommended that your household member or Next of kin conducts them weekly for you. If this is not possible please inform your Nurse to discuss who can support you.
Please not this test is not for family members in the house, these are sent for HFH Carers and some Clients who have requested this from HFH.
If you had requested the Testing kits from HFH and haven’t received them please let us know on Clinicalgovernance@hfhhealthcare.gov.uk
Please see information below regarding weekly testing which will be helpful to complete the process correctly.
Weekly C-19 testing
In order to protect each other, it is important that we complete the end-to-end weekly process of:
1. Completing the test between a Thursday and Sunday each week
2. Registering the test online
3. Returning the test through a priority post box
Below are some important information about the weekly testing and resources you may need to undertake the C-19 tests successfully.
- Prepare for testing
Before testing be sure to:
Another video, if someone else is doing the test for you, can be found here.
- How to:
- Each staff and Client’s who have requested the kits are given four test kits every 28 days
- Every 7 days test is taken, register it online, and return it by post between Thursday and Sunday
- You will receive their results in 2 to 4 days by email and text message (SMS)
- To register your kit - Please go to https://organisations.test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/registerorganisation-tests and enter HFH’s Unique Organisation Number (UON) 42601351
Very important : while registering you need to register yourself as a Non-staff, so the numbers reflect true picture.
If there are any problems with registering a test kit, please call 119.
- Returning test kits
- Each test kit contains a pink pre-paid return label.
- Please attach this to the outside of the delivery packaging next to the security seal. If additional support is needed please call 119
- The test kit should be returned via a Royal Mail priority box
- You will find your nearest priority post box and its collection times at www.royalmail.com/services-near-you
- Only use a Royal Mail priority post box. It will be labelled with the below Priority Box sign and one of the regional NHS logos. Please do not enter any Post Office with the kit
- Important info:
- Do not take the test if you have tested positive in the last six weeks. Once six weeks from the date of positive test result has passed, you can start/re-start the testing cycle.
- You should only conduct your test between Thursdays and Sundays. Always leave 7 days between tests where possible. Please continue testing whilst on holiday (in the UK) or off work due to illness which is not related to Coronavirus
- Please post the kits in the priority mail box at least one hour before the last collection time to ensure that it is not missed.
- Tests should be posted on the same day as they are taken.
- Some post boxes do not collect post on Sundays, and so please check if there is a collection available before testing on Sunday
- Receiving results
The person tested will receive:
1. An email
2. A text message (if a mobile phone number was provided at registration)
Please complete the HFH Weekly testing to update and upload your weekly results. Click here to notify HFH of your C-19 testing results
You must inform HFH of a positive result immediately, so that we complete a risk assessment and protect others around you.
If you have any queries regarding testing please contact Coronavirus Testing Contact Centre: Call 119, Lines are open from 7am –11pm daily
Any other queries, feedback or compliments, please email email@example.com
Stay safe, stay well.